Monday, April 17, 2006

What was I seeing????

So last night, Robbie and I were on our way home from his parents, and I saw the following sign at a fashionable store on trendy Queen Street West in Toronto.... I was compelled to go back today, to see if my eyes had been playing tricks on me, and if this clothing store was showing clear disrimination against heavier-set people...




What do you think? On one level, you can say, it's to advertise the new spring trend for the "skinny" jean. But, if you knew this store, you'd know that a "large" in that store is equivalent to a "small" in any other "normal" store (ie the Gap). I'm sure that this advertisement is meant to be seen on two levels... one level for stovepipe-legged jeans and the other level saying "Stay away fatty, you aren't welcome here".... just my thoughts. What are yours?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you! I would be insulted if I saw that sign! I am a size 10 aand to a lot of our culture I am fat. It amazes me that we strive for this goal to be healthy and decently thin and it's just not good enough for society. I try to teach my daughter who is 12 that she is not fat and already the girls in school are believing that being anorexic is cool. Ugh! It's sooooo frustrating!!!!

10:25 p.m.  
Blogger littljen said...

That is just weird!

2:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home